LTE Benefits to the End User
Thought I would have some fun and go through the top 5 reasons the average consumer should adopt LTE. The point was to verify there were some end user benefits vs operators seeing all the benefits. I did my best to limit myself to today’s benefits, so there’s no HD Voice or global roaming etc in the list. See if you can think of better ones. Here are my top 5…Drum roll….
- Increased competition between carriers
- Supports ever growing Multi-mega pixel camera trend
- Safer to use at the sandwich shop than WiFi
- Low(est) mobile wireless latency
- Alternative to DSL at home
1. Increased competition between carriers: In the US, a less competitive wireless market, ATT, MetroPCS and Verizon already offer LTE, Clear, CSpire, Sprint, T Mobile, US Cellular are launching this year. I don’t like paying $25/GB/mo so I’m hoping the price competition will pressure down those prices. Yes supply and demand effects will have me using more and paying more, the low end is a mental barrier that needs to be crossed. Secondly, the increased competition with the identical services will result in greater focus in performance. The networks themselves will improve as a basis of competition further making end user experiences better.| | | Next → |