I don’t normally talk about device rumors, however Apple has been in a class by itself this past few years and I am interested in how it will drive the LTE ecosystem. The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) is reporting that the iPAD 3 is LTE capable on Verizon and ATT. It’s worth noting that the Qualcomm MDM96xx series is technically able to operate in Band 13 (VZW) upper 700MHz and Band 17 (ATT) lower 700MHz and of course Sprint’s PCS G/Band 25. Apple had resisted the multi-chip approach that the Samsung’s etc have taken to launching LTE enabled tablets based on power consumption. This chipset would be a milestone in power consumption for LTE devices but I don’t think it would meet Apple’s expectations unless they agree to go with slightly higher consumption. On the one hand I’m thinking why is this so important yet I hope this pans out!
Currently viewing the tag: "quad core"
LTE Ideas2x2 MIMO 3G 3GPP 3GPP2 4G 4G LTE 700MHz ATT AWS Band 12 Band 13 Band 17 CDMA Clear eNB Ericsson EVDO FCC femto femtocell femtocells HSPA+ IMS LightSquared lower 700MHz LTE LTE Advanced MIMO Public Safety Qualcomm Release 10 Samsung small cells SON Sprint TD-LTE TDD UE US Cellular Verizon Verizon Wireless VoLTE VZW WCDMA WiFi
- China's Stock-Index Futures Rise on 4G Phone Network Prospects - Bloomberg
- British Carrier 3 Kick-Starts Its 4G LTE Rollout, Adds Free Roaming In The ... - AppAdvice
- China Issues 4G Licenses; Apple Inc. (AAPL) Should Benefit - ValueWalk
- What 4G Means for Apple's China Expansion - Bloomberg
- China Mobile Moves Closer to IPhone With License for 4G - Bloomberg