I think this is very plausible considering the standards will be in place at that time and they have this other spectrum that gives them some lower700MHz frequency space for one of the key features, Carrier Aggregation. Right now that spectrum is unpaired and unused and they paid billions for it so it makes sense to me.
LTE Ideas2x2 MIMO 3G 3GPP 3GPP2 4G 4G LTE 700MHz ATT backhaul Band 12 Band 13 Band 17 carrier aggregation CDMA Clear eNB Ericsson EVDO FCC femto femtocell femtocells HSPA+ IMS LightSquared lower 700MHz LTE LTE Advanced MIMO Public Safety Qualcomm Release 10 Samsung small cells SON Sprint TD-LTE TDD UE Verizon Verizon Wireless VoLTE VZW WCDMA WiFi
- Boost Mobile $35 Plan Will Supply 2.5GB Of 4G LTE To Customers Who Commit ... - Android Police
- Expect more legal spats with low-cost 4G phones: Experts - Times of India
- Sick of throttling? MetroPCS now has unlimited 4G LTE plans for $50 - Digital Trends
- Modi's big-bang Digital India plan: 2500 cities to get free 4G-level wifi - Firstpost
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G available this weekend without any registrations - Tech2