I think this is very plausible considering the standards will be in place at that time and they have this other spectrum that gives them some lower700MHz frequency space for one of the key features, Carrier Aggregation. Right now that spectrum is unpaired and unused and they paid billions for it so it makes sense to me.
LTE Ideas2x2 MIMO 3G 3GPP 3GPP2 4G 4G LTE 700MHz ATT backhaul Band 12 Band 13 Band 17 carrier aggregation CDMA Clear eNB Ericsson EVDO FCC femto femtocell femtocells HSPA+ IMS LightSquared lower 700MHz LTE LTE Advanced MIMO Public Safety Qualcomm Release 10 Samsung small cells SON Sprint TD-LTE TDD UE Verizon Verizon Wireless VoLTE VZW WCDMA WiFi
- U.S. Cellular says 4G LTE service now available in Springfield - Springfield News-Leader
- Pre-orders begin on Lumia 638, Microsoft's $132 4G phone for India - Gigaom
- Viaero Wireless completes 4G upgrade - Journal Advocate
- Huawei to Launch Sub-₹10000 4G LTE Smartphones in India Within 6 Months - International Business Times, India Edition
- Xolo, Xiaomi, Gionee, Lenovo and Microsoft Devices have launched affordable ... - Economic Times