I think this is very plausible considering the standards will be in place at that time and they have this other spectrum that gives them some lower700MHz frequency space for one of the key features, Carrier Aggregation. Right now that spectrum is unpaired and unused and they paid billions for it so it makes sense to me.
LTE Ideas2x2 MIMO 3G 3GPP 3GPP2 4G 4G LTE 700MHz ATT backhaul Band 12 Band 13 Band 17 carrier aggregation CDMA Clear eNB Ericsson EVDO FCC femto femtocell femtocells HSPA+ IMS LightSquared lower 700MHz LTE LTE Advanced MIMO Public Safety Qualcomm Release 10 Samsung small cells SON Sprint TD-LTE TDD UE Verizon Verizon Wireless VoLTE VZW WCDMA WiFi
- Orange mobile network launches 4G in Amman - Al-Bawaba
- EE Customers Can Now Roam In China With 4G LTE Coverage - Android Headlines - Android News
- Flipkart Offers Exchange Deals on Xiaomi Mi 4, Redmi 2, Redmi Note 4G with ... - International Business Times, India Edition
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8-inch 4G LTE for $180 - Android Headlines - Android News
- Motorola Moto G2: 4G LTE Connectivity and Affordable Pricing Attracts Buyers ... - Day Herald