I think this is very plausible considering the standards will be in place at that time and they have this other spectrum that gives them some lower700MHz frequency space for one of the key features, Carrier Aggregation. Right now that spectrum is unpaired and unused and they paid billions for it so it makes sense to me.
LTE Ideas2x2 MIMO 3G 3GPP 3GPP2 4G 4G LTE 700MHz ATT backhaul Band 12 Band 13 Band 17 carrier aggregation CDMA Clear eNB Ericsson EVDO FCC femto femtocell femtocells HSPA+ IMS LightSquared lower 700MHz LTE LTE Advanced MIMO Public Safety Qualcomm Release 10 Samsung small cells SON Sprint TD-LTE TDD UE Verizon Verizon Wireless VoLTE VZW WCDMA WiFi
- Ultratech Shipping Superfast 4G To Major Memory Manufacturer In Asia - MarketWatch
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE500CL vs Micromax Yu Yureka vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G ... - International Business Times, India Edition
- Motorola's 5-incher finds the G-spot: Moto G 4G budget Android smartie - The Register
- HTC launches One M9+, One E9+, Desire 326G in India; plans 4G phones under ... - IBNLive
- Turkish 4G 'to come into service by start of 2016' - Hurriyet Daily News