I think this is very plausible considering the standards will be in place at that time and they have this other spectrum that gives them some lower700MHz frequency space for one of the key features, Carrier Aggregation. Right now that spectrum is unpaired and unused and they paid billions for it so it makes sense to me.
LTE Ideas2x2 MIMO 3G 3GPP 3GPP2 4G 4G LTE 700MHz ATT AWS Band 12 Band 13 Band 17 carrier aggregation CDMA Clear eNB Ericsson EVDO FCC femto femtocell femtocells HSPA+ IMS LightSquared lower 700MHz LTE LTE Advanced MIMO Public Safety Qualcomm Release 10 Samsung small cells SON Sprint TD-LTE TDD UE Verizon Verizon Wireless VoLTE VZW WCDMA WiFi
- 3G and 4G auction to yield $1.3bn, says Dar - DAWN.com
- Qualcomm invests in 4G-bandwidth sharing, getting in on M87's $3M Series A - GigaOM
- AT&T plans to expand 4G LTE network in ND - MiamiHerald.com
- Mukesh Ambani Readies 4G Backbone for Data War: Corporate India - Bloomberg
- AT&T expands 4G LTE coverage in South Florida - South Florida Business Journal