I think this is very plausible considering the standards will be in place at that time and they have this other spectrum that gives them some lower700MHz frequency space for one of the key features, Carrier Aggregation. Right now that spectrum is unpaired and unused and they paid billions for it so it makes sense to me.
LTE Ideas2x2 MIMO 3G 3GPP 3GPP2 4G 4G LTE 700MHz ATT AWS Band 12 Band 13 Band 17 carrier aggregation CDMA Clear eNB Ericsson EVDO FCC femto femtocell femtocells HSPA+ IMS LightSquared lower 700MHz LTE LTE Advanced MIMO Public Safety Qualcomm Release 10 Samsung small cells SON Sprint TD-LTE TDD UE Verizon Verizon Wireless VoLTE VZW WCDMA WiFi
- Sprint launches 4G n Denver with speeds up to 60 megabits per second - The Denver Post
- Carrier Grade Standard Essential 4G Patents on the Open Market - IPWatchdog.com
- Honor 6: Huawei Brings 'World's Fastest 4G Phone' to UK and Europe - International Business Times UK
- Idea working on launching of 4G service - Times of India
- Telenor plans to skip 3G, bets on 'disruptive' 4G technology - Times of India